Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Bad Phone Company, No Bone for You

It appears that we won't be entering the 21st century for at least another week.

Sadness!

Much as I love visiting the library, I'm more than a little irritated. The phone company didn't call and let me know there was a change of schedule. I'm glad I had the day off anyway, as I was able to attend a very informative class on small business tax law for my state, but half the reason I decided to take the day off was to make sure I would be home for the installation. And I had a ton of things I could have done in the morning instead of waiting for the crew, such as grocery shopping and picking up a load of hay, straw, oyster shells, and two loads of landscaping material. The place closes at four--I'm not going to get home and back in time to get that done. Drat and drat.

The day they rescheduled us for without consulting us as to whether we'd actually be there just happened to be, by pure unadulterated luck, a day that R. would be home, otherwise we'd have to reschedule their unannounced rescheduling for sometime in March.

I feel like I'm five years old again and a week is for-ev-er! I've already waited over a week. Whine!

Sometimes patience is hard. I'm all about patience when I'm fishing. Waiting for internet service, it seems, not so much.

But I've been waiting for two years, so I guess I'll just have to put my big girl panties on and tuck in that lower lip. But not before one last hmph.

Hmph.

No comments: