Sunday, January 04, 2009

Financial Poop

I'm reading "Debt is Slavery" by Michael Mihalik.  It's basic, easy stuff that I know.  The beauty of this book, though, is that it's a short, fast read and it's so repetitive that the data will pierce even the thickest skull.  Yes, even mine.  If you must buy it, buy it used.  It's especially valuable to folks just starting out, though us old farts that ought to know better can benefit from the many reminders.

Inspired by the book and egged on by my frustrations (ah yes, the well pump, plumbing, various appliances including the refrigerator, and now most recently a dead tv (we're going to live without a poopyheaded tv too!  That'll show 'em!) I sat down and played with our financial picture.  Which is great, poopyheadedness aside.  It's just not the fabulous, freeing excellence it ought to be.  I plan on whipping it into proper shape in short order.

It's also time to get ready for taxes.  As always we have all kinds of bits of paper and stray decimal points that have to be herded in the direction of our fabulous accountant.  Start getting ready early and often is my motto when it comes to taxes.  Unfortunately, mottos have a way of getting stuck to the back of my head where I can't see them very well.

With figures dancing in my head like sugar plum fairies dressed in green (have I been drinking absinthe without realizing it?) I'm finally ready to admit that I'm too fuzzy-headed to continue.  Time for bed.  I hope everyone has a brilliant and secure financial 2009!

No comments: