Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Trying this new blog out. Alas, my poor, now-inaccessible old blog!

There's a basketball under my heel.
Stretching the leg, rolling the pebbly, rubbery and underinflated ball helps return circulation to too-long bent legs.
Cupped under my other foot, a so-called quart nursery plant container, black. It holds more than a quart but I guess they allow for settling? It doesn't matter, really. It means nothing to the plant. Some plants fill the quart completely with roots and should have been in a gallon or bigger, others just sit pretty in the top or dangle their roots through the middle. When the plant comes out, the dirt falls away from the loose roots and you're left holding something that could have fit in a 4" pot. Age matters. Size matters. The quart container? Eh.

So the blog site matters only so much as the container limits how far my roots go. So far there's plenty of room, but I haven't had much luck planting. The two blog titles I tried to set up but was told were not available are now my only two options, and the one that's supposed to be waiting for me is MIA. Maybe I can search for myself. Meanwhile, I'll roll this basketball under my foot while the blood tingles and prickles its way back into my legs.

1 comment:

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, I'm liking the blog by the way.. good luck on the new spot.