Tuesday, November 04, 2008

18923

I'd planned on getting to 20,000, but I admit that, after getting some watercolor and matting stuff done, I parked my butt in front of the tv to watch the elections.  What an exhilarating moment.  We're part of history, and part of the future now.  I'm fighting some sort of malaise, sore throat, a bit feverish, but I feel good.  Tired, but good.  Two good men, a long fight, and an outcome based on a free people voting with their hearts, minds, and consciences.  There are so many countries torn apart, run by criminals and psychotics, where death comes early, where rape is something to hide because you'll be punished for being a victim, where people disappear, where disease and hunger and all manner of deprivation are endured because there's no choice, no resources, no hope.  I'm so lucky to live here.  The western world in general is pretty good for the most part, but the USA is home and right now, I can't imagine anyplace better.  Yay voting, yay freedom, yay hope, yay to a lot of stuff even though there are a lot of problems the American people have to face.  I can't say if Obama will have the best, or even good answers, but I know he's going to give it his all, and that's all I can ask of any leader.

You know, as opposed to shooting people who disagree with him and having his dick commemorated in bronze while the people he supposedly leads drink cholera-laden water, or getting together with all his buddies and grabbing as many resources as possible and then go on raids with machetes to hack down as many people as he can before his arms get too tired.  But I digress.

No comments: