Wednesday, November 05, 2008

More political stuff

Today I saw an image of Obama and realized he'd be our next president.  It brought tears to my eyes.  I normally don't get too terribly worked up about politics.  But I have to say that from a purely emotional, irrational viewpoint, from the view of my soul, I'm overwhelmed by the fact that this nation has a young, handsome, black President with a solid marriage that, when I look at him with his wife, looks like my marriage feels to me.  No sense of putting up a front for the public, or posing, or mutual respect but with emotional distance.  The kids look genuinely happy and healthy.  Typical school kid grins.  This feels like healing to me.  

And politically speaking?  He seems like a competent diplomat, and we really need one.  There's more that I like, and some stuff that I disagree with, but overall I most want America to have a serious, intelligent, and yet friendly face and I believe we got that and more.  Yay!

1 comment:

The Moody Minstrel said...

And hopefully someone who lives in the present tense with an eye for the future instead of being too bogged down with past perfect, subjunctives and wayyyy too much imagined present perfect to let their mood get anywhere near progressive! PERIOD! (And you can quote me! Read the article! I'm appositive! COMMA ON!!!)


(*sigh* I've been an English teacher much too long...)