Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One small step for a man ... one long leap for a chicken

It's been crazy around here.

The chicks are doing really well, but as you can imagine they're a daily (and nightly) handful.   They're too big for the aquarium, but they can't go out in the coop yet.  So they get trucked back and forth between the greenhouse and our bedroom every day.  They also went out for a field trip (literally, ha ha) and had a good time chasing bugs, picking at greens and perching in a small noble fir we have out in the grass in back.

It's been wet, or as the boy and I say, wehehehet.  Poopyheaded wet grass.  Poopyheaded long wet grass that we can't mow because it's poopyheaded wehehehet.  But, it's just as well that it's not mowing weather, because the boy had GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL and he deserves a break from work.

We're really, really proud.

It's supposed to be nicer weather later today, so I'm planning a little bbq.  Sadly, my DH is away, but unsadly, that just means we'll have to have another bbq when he comes back.  Or a broil, if it's rainy again.

It's been quite the week.  I'd like to say I'm looking forward to things going back to normal, but as I haven't seen normal in quite a few years, it'd be wiser to say I'm looking forward to what happens next.  I'm all a-quiver in anticipation, or I would be, if it wasn't so wehehehet.

Congratulations, O-bean.  Soon, all these chicken coop alfalfa bucking goat chasing days will be behind you, and you'll be able to shape your own future.  I can't wait to see what it looks like!

No comments: