Thursday, January 31, 2013

Drowning in Books

I'm on a book buying binge. All non-fiction. When they arrive, I'm going to have sooo much reading to do. It's a little daunting. More and more I feel like I don't have time enough to finish anything. This is a really great time to not take on any more projects or increase my reading list, and yet, here I am ....

The thing is that I've been fumbling in the dark for a while when it comes to Wyrd Goat Press. Now that I've gotten myself into trouble (in a good way) it's time for me to start educating myself.

Sometimes I wish I learned how to speed read. I started to learn in high school, and then decided it wasn't for me. Oh well! I guess I'll have to do this the old fashioned way.

But wait, didn't people used to speed read? As in, wasn't Oscar Wilde famous for it?

So I guess that means I'll have to do it the lame way. Alas!

2 comments:

Kai Jones said...

Speed reading is fun, but not great for non-fiction.

What about audible books (books on tape except on MP3)? I can't read right now because of a bad attack of vestibular vertigo, so I've been listening to books on my hour-each-way commute instead.

Kami said...

I love audio books! My commute to work is really, really short (as in ten minutes) otherwise I'd do it all the time. R. and I usually borrow audio books when we go on long drives and listen together.