Thursday, February 28, 2013

Arrival in Orlando

I've never been to Florida before.

Although I'm physically here, I haven't done anything yet. Took a cab from the airport to the hotel. Orlando from the air at night, btw, is incredibly beautiful. I love the scent in the air. And though it's a 'cold' night (59˚F) it feels warm to me.

Bear in mind that the average temperature in the heated part of the house is about 60˚, varying between 54 and 68. Downstairs ... yeah. My fingers go numb when I'm typing on the computer downstairs.

So I'm sure that while everyone in Florida will be bundled up against the cold snap, I'll be in shorts.

I'm so tired I'm itchy. My internal clock should be telling me that it's a bit after 10pm, but it's past 1am here and I feel like that's the more accurate time. That's probably a good thing.

Sadly, won't be sleeping in tomorrow. Having said that, I'm all kinds of excited to be here. Right now I want to sleep in, but I betcha I'll wake up tomorrow wanting to dash out the door to spend time with friends I haven't seen in years and years and to see the palm trees by daylight and see real, actual, golden and warm sunlight. Feel it on my skin. Taste it in the air.

It's going to be a beautiful day.



No comments: