Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Photo notion

So I think I've finally got photobucket to talk nice to me. Keeping fingers crossed that this doesn't end up as so much spaghetti on the screen. It works for my Mac, anyway. I did have to sacrifice my old template, though. The really big pics (at least on my screen) mucked up the formatting and the text became less readable. We can't have that!

The wildflower garden is pretty weedy, and it has a couple of bare spots, but it's surprisingly photogenic. In some ways it looks better here than in RL. In other ways ... you really miss the sounds and scents and the vivid sights. When you walk by the poppies stand out and demand to be noticed. Also, beneath the baby's breath (it's a baby's breath explosion!) there are smaller flowers hiding. Bees hum around, and the hummingbirds zoom through during their war games. Surprisingly they'll stop to take a look at people, hovering in place and blinking their tiny, beady black eyes at me when I'm wandering around. Either they're getting used to me, or they're plotting my demise.

Or both.

But, onward:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Poppies, bachelor buttons, cosmos and calendula swim in a froth of baby's breath.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
View over the wildflowers toward the house

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Bachelor buttons echo the deepest colors in the sky.

This is not even close to being wildflowers, but what the hey ...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lagerfeld roses bow from their own weight over the infamous white path. If you stand on the path, you're surrounded by the scents of so many roses--they mingle into an exquisite perfume. It'll smell even better there when the bouncing bet starts to bloom.

Last but not least, for all you animal lovers out there:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The Weeez watches the goats eat from his supervisory perch and scratch post.

2 comments:

C.S. said...

Goats! And Weeez too!

The hummingbird hover thing while watching you...it's called the Flinch Game.

They hover closer, closer, ever closer to your face watching you until thoughts of a long, pointy beak penetrating your soft eyeball starts to creep into your mind and makes you flinch.

If you do flinch, they win and they're happy. If you don't flinch, you win though the hummingbird doesn't really see it that way. They fly off thinking they'll get the flinch out of you another day.

Really. I swear this is true.

Kami said...

I believe in the flinch game, I do!

I had one zoom right by my ear today. It was so close I felt the breeze from its wings.

Quick little buggers.

On with the games!