Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Things that go bump

It took me several hours, but I finally developed a raw document that will eventually be shaped into what I hope will be a decent resume.  Yep, that time in my life has come again where I'll be looking for work.  I don't know what yet, but I'll know it when I see it, or maybe they'll know me when they see me.  

In the meantime, I'll be writing as per usual.  

Settling back into home life has been weird.  Even though I was in Ireland only a short time, I think because it was so intense and there's so much going on with family and the future, I won't settle back to 'normal'.  Developing the new normal will be interesting.  I remember when I was working part time at the crazy fun place, establishing a new routine helped me step up, and then when I actually achieved routine, my productivity overall sank a bit.  I think this will be the same thing again.  I'll step up to meet the challenges, and as soon as things are settled (aka, in a rut) I'll start missing those opportunities to write for fifteen minutes here or read for a half hour there and I might only glance idly at the latest community college classes.  

That right there is a good reason to stir things up every once in a while.  I think right now most of the country is stirred up, due to the change in presidency, and the economy, and everything.  If the country is anything like me, that could be a good thing.

In the meantime, it can be stressful.  Thankfully, every time I sit down, Carey finds me and sits in my lap.  I think she missed us while we were away.

Good luck job hunting to all of us!

No comments: