Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Exercise--It's not just for Brains

I'm thick in the middle (gawd, I hope I'm at least halfway done!) of the new Masks cover.  I like it a lot better already.  The tablet I got for cover-making is working very, very well.  It makes the process tons easier.  And, unlike what they say about old bitc-er, dogs, I am learning some new tricks.

As kewl as all this artmaking is, it's exhausting.  Like writing, art is a serious strain on the ol' muscles, tendons, bones, ligaments, brain--everything.  Unlike most other physically demanding thingies, though, the way to take a break is not to put your feet up and have a cookie.  (Darnit, now I want a cookie!)  The best thing is to go for a walk, or a jog, or hiking, or swimming, or really pretty much anything that involves the big muscle groups for a change.

So, after being bad some more and typing here, I'm going to practice what I preach and take a little walkie in my garden.  Heck, I might even put on my good walking shoes and take the dogs for a walk.

Hmm.  Three dogs, one person ....

Maybe I'll just take me for a walk.

Evening Update:  I think I'm close to finishing the Masks cover.  I could use about three more days off to finish all the covers I'm backlogged on, but then if I got them all in a row, my backside would be really, really flat.  Even with frequent walkies.

No comments: