Sunday, April 22, 2012

A good day's work, plus dessert

Just finished editing (as finished as any writer is with editing, anyway--I'm sure something else will occur to me in the morning) Confidante, the sequel to Masks.  It always feels good to come to the end of a book, but then I want to start right away on the next one.  It doesn't matter if it's a first draft, an edit, a revision, whatever.  Same feeling.

We've had gorgeous weather, which makes me feel more tired after dark.  What's with that?  It's not yet 10pm local time and I'm ready for my hot bath and then a nice long snooze.

For those of you not allergic to strawberries:

I got a big pack of strawberries on sale the other day.  My favorite way of having them is to slice them up, put a little sugar on them (like, 1/2 a tsp), and then wait a couple of minutes for them to release some nice, red, sweet liquidy syrupy stuff that I'm sure there's a technical term for that I don't know.  That's the time to put either cream or ice cream on them.  Yum!  I had a bowl for dessert today.  Delicious.  And the best part?  Normally to feel sated I like to have two big scoops of ice cream.  With the strawberries, which aren't nearly as bad for me as ice cream, it took less than a quarter cup of ice cream and I was happy.  Healthier, yummier than just plain ice cream, and fewer calories.  Can't beat it; guess I'll have to eat it.

No comments: