Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Heat


Kat is definitely in full heat now.  To her credit, she's more subtle than other cats I've owned.  This experience comes from back in the day when vets insisted that cats go into heat at least once before spaying.  I wonder how much of that insistence was inspired by the idea that they'd want owners to really, really think hard about whether they'd honestly want an intact female around vs. the stated reason that the reproductive organs are easier to manage after one heat.  Anyway, vets don't insist on it now.  In fact they'll spay cats extremely young.  But I digress.  I have to admit that Kat's little purrs and trills are very cute, but their incessant nature gets to you after a while.  Even Wizard and Lucky have retreated to sleep together in the master bedroom, staying out of sight of Little Miss Take Me, Take Me Now.  She verged on yowling today but didn't quite make it past the yo threshold into full yowl mode.  Yo as in yo, guys, what am I, chopped liver?

Actually, I think Lucky and Wizard would find chopped liver far more appealing, but don't tell Kat.  I think it would hurt her feelings.  Well, feeling.  She has only one feeling now.

How long until May 1?  

Sigh.


No comments: