Monday, April 26, 2010

Estrogen: The Fountain of Weee


I had a wonderful time at Estrogenfest this last weekend. Hence my silence the past few days. No internets, no chores, just women, waves and art. My creative batteries have been recharged, and I'm ready to get back to work.

I seriously planned on writing while I went away, but I'm glad I didn't. I think that, unbeknownst to me, I needed the space. Focusing on visual arts for three days felt like rebuilding my computer's desktop. All the same stuff is there, in the same order, but the brain is running better.

For all that, though, it's good to be home, and I'm glad I wasn't away for, say, a week or a month. A weekend is just perfect for a rejuvenating escape.

As part of my artsy-fartsy focus, I got to take lots of photos. I'll be posting some, and painting some, in the days ahead. Yep, you heard me right. I'm painting again. I suspect that if I allow time for painting, I may be able to give myself little boosts and breaks every day. It'll be a nice experiment, and even if it doesn't work out, I look forward to playing with watercolors for a little longer. It'll stretch that coastal experience, and extend the high I get from the massive amounts of estrogen I'm exposed to when I go to one of these all-women retreats. Weee!

No comments: