Thursday, June 07, 2007

Getting things done

Around here it's been like "Getting Things Done with Delores". For non-fans (people with a real life?) of "Dead Like Me," Delores is a middle manager character who viewers discover has webcams all over her studio (except in the bathroom) where people can watch her getting things done. She describes it as pressure relief for those who want to get things done but don't have the same energy as her--and they find her inspiring. When the main character goes to stay with Delores she is taken a bit aback by the pace Delores keeps, washing dishes, vacuuming, changing light bulbs, putting up new contact paper in the cupboards (her blog viewers voted on which one since Delores couldn't decide between the two,) etc. Anyway, for whatever reason, be it seasonal, hormonal, meteorological, cyclical, lunar, solar, stellar, pschic or any reason beyond my ken, I've been on a cleaning binge. And when I go outside, I weed like a demon. Like the main character in Dead Like Me, I'm a bit taken aback by myself. I mean, good gods, I even ironed my altar cloth.

Anyway.

To answer a few questions (thanks for the comments!) the Nanopubye blog will eventually resurface at the newly redone Nanopubye site, when the webmaster manages to get to it. She has a lot on her hands, hoping to set up with a much less crash prone server. So all that content hasn't disappeared. The site did go poof without warning, due to a crash I presume, but no data was lost and all will be well. Unfortunately, until I update my confuter (someday) I suspect that the format will involve frames, which for me will mean I'll be reading things in long, single word columns and some options will be invisible. Such is life with an old Mac.

In other news, the garden and puppies are growing apace, and we have a visiting dog who will be staying with us for the weekend--perhaps you've heard of Ris' Beau. Although he's a decent-sized dog of much mixed heritage, he's the smallest dog. So far he's settling in nicely. Soon he'll wear himself out chasing, being chased by and playing and roaming with the other dogs and will probably take a long nap. Also in other news, the Nissan (pushing steadily towards 300,000 miles) had its engine light come on again (groan!!) and so I'm taking it in today, dreading the news. If the Nissan dies I'll be back to driving the awesome but gas-hogging truck. The truck is less gas-hoggy these days, though, as Rory discovered a loose hose that squirted gas (how the truck ran like that I'll never know) and plugged it back in. The gas odor whilst running vanished (no surprise there) and the gas mileage improved (also no surprise.) Still, with nationwide gas prices rising to equal the cost of Hershey's chocolate syrup, I'm not excited about driving another vehicle.

Best get to the auto shop. Mustn't slack off my pace, or my viewers will start complaining how I'm just not getting as much done around here a la Getting Things Done with Delores.

P.S. -- My new pov color is purple, same as the old pov color. So predictable ...

No comments: