Monday, June 04, 2007

The Return

Well, it looks like it's official. The Nanopubye blog is dead, toast, gone, entirely inaccessible, even possibly deleted. I've emailed the webmaster for the site and maybe, just maybe, it got archived, but she said on the front page that she archived the *forums*, saying nothing of the dozen or so blogs that were reasonably active there.

Too bad, I guess.

Which means I'll have to employ brand new skills and increasing levels of craftiness in order to do what I love the most--create illustrated and entertaining full color posts on a very outdated computer--on this blog. It'll be a challenge. Sometimes I can access some of the pic-sites, sometimes I can't. We're talking one day I can access site X and do whatever and the next I can't, which brings to mind an image of a MIB-style operative smiling as he sees that I've logged online and holding his finger over two keys, one saying grant access, the other saying deny access, and the finger waggles between the two like a weird caterpiller. Hey, I might even be able to post movies, or links to them, eventually, as I get this all figured out. If so, y'all definitely got to see the puppies playing in the snow when they were tiny.

Tiny no more. The puppies have grown into seven month olds, aka white horses.

But I digress.

So this is the officially semi-new full time Kami blog, which may be a yay or a boo depending on your POV. Catch ya later!

3 comments:

C. Jane Reid said...

I saw that the NaNoPubYe site had disappeared and come back sans the old blogs, too. Too bad! Did they give you any warning or did the site just go *poof*?

Welcome back to the blogosphere, anyway, such as you can manage.

Ris

Anonymous said...

What color is your POV?

Molly said...

Hey - Nano is up, I even registered as a user to try to find you, but nothing. The old blogs are gone (I hope you archived on your own computer) the new format looks nice.

I'm glad you are back on-line - I missed you.

Riki and I are coming to Oregon in July for the wedding. Can we play? Do you and Rory have compatible work schedules, or do I need to see you one day and him another? I can't wait to see the gardens, and the puppies