Monday, December 03, 2007

Kick 'em when they're up, kick 'em when they're down

So after working hard on setting up drafts of Chirontraining.com and kzmiller.com on the web, I had to take chirontraining temporarily down due to technical problems with editing that were not going away.  I can't fix any typos, add stuff to kzmiller.com or tweak awkward phrases because the same problems that plague chiron plague kzmiller, but kzmiller doesn't have as many issues as chiron so I didn't think I'd be as embarrassed to leave it out there flapping in the web wind.  Not that anyone except my closest friends will ever look at the darned thing, but there you have it.  My husband's coworkers do occasionally search around for him and he has quite a following on his blog, so chiron really needed to be lots, lots better than it is.  And it will be, provided iPower can fix this.

I'm really enchanted with iPower's low prices.  I'm not enchanted by their extremely long wait times for tech support, usually an hour or more on hold.  I'm sure they're not happy either.  They're flying on a new platform and it's making life difficult for everyone.  They're doing their best for me--I've been passed along to a level 2 tech.  I have to admit I don't know what that is, but it sounds like they've taken the next step to solve the problem.  So wish me luck, wish iPower luck, wish the poor souls who need help with their websites luck as they brave the hold music with a crick in their elbows and sore necks.  And may patience rule the day.

In other news not related to Kami's obsession with getting business-related webpages online, we've had a local flood warning issued by the weather service.  I get to see if our french drain will help deter the yearly flood 'o the office.  I hope so, because I have paper stuff on my floor.  Again.  As usual.
Maybe I'll work on cleaning some of this stuff up today.  Ugh.  On my list of projects during Kami's Marketing Month will be to finish tiling in here and organize my office.  Wish me luck with that too.

6 comments:

C. Jane Reid said...

Good luck, good luck, good luck.

Did I miss anything?

Kai Jones said...

Best wishes for a dry office!

Kami said...

So far so good! Either the rain hasn't been as bad as it has in previous years (including last year, when the Pineapple Express nicely flooded the office during Nanowrimo) or the french drain is working or both. We're dry and happy, so far.

No news from tech level two yet. Someone said they'd get to me 'tomorrow.' That's today. In less than two hours, it'll no longer be 'tomorrow' aka today. I have a feeling they won't get to me within the promised time period. Alas.

Molly said...

Kami - I looked at Chiron yesterday, and was very impressed. Glad that you are detail oriented, I didn't catch anything amiss (I didn't read ever word on every page, though). Good luck! Stay dry!

The Moody Minstrel said...

A flood warning? I heard that two typhoons from the Philippines skated across the Pacific and broadsided you! Yikes! But at least it stayed cold enough that the mountains got increased snowpack instead of the Pineapple Express mk. II they were fearing.

Still scary, though...even though typhoons are something we get several times a year over here.

Kami said...

We did have some local (Pac NW) casualties of the unordinary kind thanks to the typhoons. One was the tallest sitka. It snapped like a twig.

On the way home from the vet today (the Mojo-nator has an ear infection and is now on antibiotics) I had to pull over because it was raining too hard to see. After about five minutes it calmed down and I was able to drive the rest of the way home. Fortunately this time of year our area is blasted by east winds, and the typhoon is a west-traveling weather front, so actually we've been very calm here. Not so at that coast, hence the sitka down. We did have one very hard gust yesterday that make the deck creak like it was going to take off, and it knocked everything down, but then it was back to business as usual. The winds, obviously, don't always perfectly cancel each other out. I'm surprised we don't have more rotors as a result.