Sunday, October 12, 2008

Look! The Cliffs of Insanity!


Btw, as a little bit of trivia, the Cliffs of Moher starred as the Cliffs of Insanity in the movie The Princess Bride.  They were born in Ireland and continue to reside there today.  Maybe we'll get to visit them in the spring.

And also btw, you may have noticed a lack of posting about the Caribbean.  That's because we're going to be walking on it, as in, it was either the Caribbean or laminate floors.  As lovely as the tropics are, laminate floors are forever (or at least as far as our lifespans are concerned.)  Maybe some other time we'll go.  In the meantime, tropical fruit season is winding up.  I have a fresh pineapple and coconut rum drink chilling in the fridge at the moment.  It'll be a lovely dessert after dinner tonight, and I can daydream about returning to the Caribbean someday with my feet up and snuggled under a fuzzy blanket.

But that's all an aside.  What I really meant to mention is that I'm booked darned close to solid over OryCon.  Any illusions I had of relaxing have gone up in a poof of lavender smoke.  I asked for up to seven panels this weekend.  I ended up on twelve.  Yes, twelve.  My fault.  I was in the room when folks called over hey Kami, you're already booked up but there's this panel that could use one more person, or this panel is all men and we need a woman, or my eyes are bleeding do you think you could handle being on this panel?  I had no idea I'd said yes so many times.  But.  It will give me something to do in my copious spare time.

As the week wears on I may beg off of some of those panels and replace my july (I'm much too much of a newbie to be an august) presence with that of someone even more deserving who isn't so overloaded.  Even if it means that the one panel will end up being all guys.  

Or maybe I'll just try to scale the Cliffs of Insanity after all.  I've got very strong arms, and I'm not carrying three people.

image from Wikipedia


No comments: