Thursday, September 04, 2008

Redecorating my software

The Jasmine mini-me is dead, long live Lark!

Actually, I've been calling the laptop Lark from the beginning, but now it's definitely come into its own.  Which means I'll be calling Easystreet again.  I was sadly disappointed to find that their set up page for email is still woefully blank.  I know they're busy.  But dang!

Just as well.  I like talking to the techs.  Especially on Sundays.  The tech says it's odd for him to get more than four phone calls for his Sunday shift.  But I'll be calling on a Friday, so I may have to wait for a little bit.  I'll see if I can get him to email me the set up so I can print it out and put it in my binder of all things netty.  I tend to write down the protocols only spottily while the tech is directing me around, because I'm busy typing and I handwrite slowly.  And then, inevitably, I lose the paper I wrote on.  Maybe this time I'll get smart and just open a Word doc and type it out on the confuter itself.

It occurs to me that the page may be void of relevant data because it would just make it that much easier for hackers.  So maybe it's deliberate.  But then they shouldn't tease us poor users with a setup link!

In the meantime I'm stuck on webmail.  Bleh.  At least it's lightning quick for sending and receiving email, even ones with big attachments.  It's almost like I'm not on dialup.  It even uploads my attachments super-fast.  Weird.  But good.

Tomorrow, I'll give myself time to play between paying bills and helping with programming to put up a new desktop image and all that.  But I won't spend too much time on it.  Have to budget time for writing too, and housework, and gardening.  It's that time of year to get all the duckies in a row, because it's no fun clearing out the garden or taking trash to the dump in cold, wet rain.

No comments: